Sunday, February 23, 2014

Winter Beauty

By Hazel Holland


I recently finished painted this lovely winter scene for another one of my art classes.  Since my elderly students were not keen on using watercolor paint, I wanted to see if I could give them an alternate method  in which to create beautiful pictures that were suitable for greeting cards.

So I created this warm and delightful setting as the sun was going down at the end of a cold and snowy winter day by using water soluble wax pastels and watercolor pencils instead of regular watercolor paint.

Winter scenes like this remind me of growing up in England... except for the fact that my robins are enjoying the last rays of the setting sun from from a fir instead of a holly bush.♥

To see a larger copy of this painting or purchase a print click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment