Sunday, November 17, 2013

He's Coming With Clouds

By Hazel Holland



 This is the first impressionistic watercolor I painted in the Spirit from a vision that I received back in 1995 while worshiping at a Cleansing Streams Weekend Retreat.  I share it now because it was given to me from the Father's heart for the healing of His people...

However, I never painted it until I was compelled by the Spirit to paint it the day of my step-mom's funeral...  My step-mom had died from a stroke, followed by a heart attack while eating a Thanksgiving meal at the nursing home the day before Thanksgiving 2007.

You can imagine the shock and grief in the timing of our unexpected loss... and  I had no idea how I would paint something that I had seen in a vision 12 years earlier!  But I wanted to bring hope and comfort to my family so I picked up the paintbrush and began to paint this picture.

Amazingly, I found myself remembering the details of the vision.  It seemed like I was back in it and the angels were easier to paint than I had imagined, because I wasn't trying to copy something, but painting from my heart.

As I shared this painting and made copies of it for my family it seemed to help ease our grief.  As we remembered the following Scripture it seemed like God was wiping away our tears as we sat in His healing presence...

"For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first" (1Thess. 4:16).♥

To see a larger copy of this art print click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment