Saturday, June 22, 2013

A New Perspective

By Hazel Holland


As I painted this watercolor the other day I wanted it to have a beautiful rosy glow about it.  I wanted it to speak hope to people's hearts.  So here's looking at life through rose-tinted glasses!

Although I see the ugly way people treat one another at times, and I experience the sad and hurtful moments of life like everyone else, I cannot set up camp there.  I am an optimist at heart, not because I never experience feeling down or being depressed, but because the scandal of grace that began at the cross has forever left an indelible mark upon my soul.

Jesus Christ extended His love towards you and I when we didn't deserve it.  The ladder of grace reached down to us when we were too busy climbing up the ladder of power.  That's why we as believers must dispense grace wherever the Spirit leads us.  We are called to be the "salt of the earth" as we season our culture and our world with the preservative of the gospel.

Through all the ups and downs of life I know that when I look through rose-tinted glasses, I will see life from a new perspective.  I will see the grace of God as the glue that heals and mends people's broken hearts.♥

* To see a larger image of this art print click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment