Sunday, June 9, 2013

Fiery Splendor

By Hazel Holland


This is an impressionistic watercolor that I did a few days ago using wet colored tissue paper and watercolor paint.  Although I didn't know what the outcome would be for this new way of watercolor painting, I wanted to create a background of fiery warm colors because I sensed God's heart of passion and love for His children. 

So I began to let some of the colors run like water because I wanted to create the effect of God's love raining down on us.  However, I intended for this to just be the background for a painting where I would actually put in more details.

Then I decided to flip the painting over and low and behold this was the result--a forest aglow with the fiery splendor of sunset on a lake.  Everything was reflecting the colors of His agape love!  God's love raining down produced a forest of beautiful trees. 

Like these trees, we are designed to bring glory to His name as we reflect the beauty of who He is.♥ 

To see a larger copy of this artwork click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment