Monday, February 18, 2013

Garden Sanctuary

By Hazel Holland


As I painted this watercolor the other day using wet colored tissue paper and water soluble wax pastels, I was reminded of the time twelve years ago when I felt impressed by the Spirit to make a prayer garden out of my back yard.  As I worked tirelessly in my garden to make it a place of beauty and sanctuary for others, I learned how to enter into His Garden where the “work” has already been done.

As I entered by faith into the “rest” of His grace I found that it's a place where no “work” is allowed.  That's because in His Garden the “work” is already finished!  I learned that the only thing left for me to do is to enjoy sweet fellowship with Him as I hear Him calling me upon the gentle wind of His Spirit to enter more fully into the “rest” that he has already provided... Himself!

Can you hear the Lord calling you to come into His Garden and find true intimacy in Him as you enter into the "rest" of His grace?  "Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me. See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come..." (Song of Solomon 2:10-13).

2 comments: