Sunday, May 6, 2012

Face To Face

By Hazel Holland


I thought that I would try and draw a pastel of Jake, my three-and-a-half-year-old (in June) grandson kissing his baby brother, Max, who will be a week old tomorrow.  Well, as you can see, I not only overshot the mark by at least a year, but I didn't get Jake's lips close enough to Max's face to pull off the kiss, either!  As I  was looking at this picture I had drawn of my grandsons I was reminded of 1 Corinthians 13.♥♥♥ 


When I was a child, I spoke as a child speaks.  When I was a child, I understood as a child understands.  When I was a child, I thought as a child thinks...

I am still His child, but now I've come to know the One who loved me first.  When He called me, I found out that my name was written on His heart because He already knew me...  How could I resist such kindness as He drew me deeper into His loving presence?  

Now my heart wants to continually rejoice in His amazing grace.  My mouth wants to sing His praises all day long!  I want others to know Him and understand that His resurrection life is for them, too!

I long for the day when we will meet face to face.  But for now I am content to know Him through His Spirit.  To know Him is to love Him... until I see Him in all His glory... face to face!
♥♥♥ 

See: Brothers Are For Keeps

No comments:

Post a Comment