Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Leap of Faith

By Hazel Holland


Here's another oil painting from my past that brings back an avalanche of good memories with dear friends...  

I remember burning the midnight oil as I painted this picturesque scene of a remote cabin facing the setting sun.  After I had finished painting it, people would invariably ask me why I had left it unfinished.  When I would tell them that it was finished, they were surprised...

I understood that they wanted to see something visible on the other side of the hill... like a grassy slope reaching down into a fertile valley, or a panoramic view of the ocean touching the sky.  They wanted to see something familiar... something they could count on.

We're all a lot like that, aren't we?  We want to know what's around the next corner or over the next hill before we ever get there.  We don't want to trust our future to someone else.  We want to make our future happen ourselves.  We'd much rather walk by sight and not by faith! 

But God's plan for us to learn to trust Him with our future as we live in the Spirit and walk by faith.  He will move the boulders that block our path, and make stepping stones through the rugged mountain passes in our lives.  For He has promised to make a way where there is no way!

Will you take that leap of faith today and say..."Yes, God! I will step out in You because you are the Solid Rock beneath my feet.  I will choose to trust Your heart and rest in the love that You have provided for me in Your Son, Jesus Christ".

No comments:

Post a Comment