Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Woodland Wonders

By Hazel Holland


Here's another water color that I painted 44 years ago while I was confined to a TB hospital in Kalamazoo, Michigan for two months. Apparently I got a fungus in my lungs that looked like TB, but thankfully wasn't.

In order to lift my spirits and forget about the fact that I was wearing a mask over my nose and mouth 24/7, I escaped into the wonderful world of art where I was free to roam the woodland and joyfully take in the wonders of God's creation.

Now as I look back to that dark time in my life I am amazed that I painted a watercolor that reflects such lightness and joy. The Fall colors remind me of how much I miss the four seasons out here in California, and how I'm looking forward to enjoying them again when I move next Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment