Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Finding My Rest

By Hazel Holland


As I was cleaning out my garage the other day I came across a box that contained several watercolor paintings that I did over thirty years ago. They were tucked away inside a forgotten folder because I saw little value in my work.

It's quite amazing to me now that something as beautiful as this little bird was discarded by me as having little value. As I think back to that time in my life it was probably more of a reflection of the way I saw myself rather than the way I perceived God's feathered creation.

Today as I looked at this painting it brought me great joy as I realized that I have come to find my true rest in Him alone. Jesus has become my Sabbath rest 24/7.

2 comments:

  1. This one's my favorite! So cool that you get to move nearer to Rob. That's great. The Lord continue to bless you abundantly, Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky! End of next April I hope to move. My grandson, Jakey, will turn 3 in December and another baby is on the way next May. I can't stand to be this far away...just gotta live close by them!

    ReplyDelete